Influencer Marketing Manager
Nathan James is looking for an Influencer Marketing Manager to build a productive community of influencer partners who will drive brand awareness and deliver sales results. This role reports to the DTC Division Leader.
The Influencer Marketing Manager will play a key role in:
- Setting the influencer strategy
- Establishing a network of influencers
- Growing our brand awareness and relevance with key customer segments
- Driving profitable and repeatable referral and influencer channel sales
Acquiring user generated content for organic and paid media placement
People-first company, design-first home.
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on the best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn't dreadful.
Because we are a people-first company, we understood the importance of being fully distributed from the beginning. We strive to reduce friction at work while preserving the human experience. Taking this approach helps our teammates avoid compromising who they are or their values in pursuit of a career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a newly created role and it’s coming at a very exciting time. 2021 was our 4th year in business and we booked just under $50M in sales, almost entirely to four B2B customers: Amazon, Wayfair, Home Depot and Walmart. Now, we’re making significant investments into the DTC channel with the objective of delivering $50M in sales by 2025.
In order to support this goal, we will need a massive community of influencers with strong audiences. Identifying the right collaborators, signing them up, and enabling their success is the heart and soul of this job.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying and actively seeking out new influencer partnerships, including influencer agencies and management companies
- Negotiating with and finalizing terms for each collaboration
- Managing and cultivating long-term relationships and campaigns with high performing influencers
- Creating and distributing tracking links and promo codes for influencers
- Managing and growing our referral business through LTK (LIKEtoKNOW.it)
- Launch new products through well-timed and coordinated influencer campaigns
You’ll help us:
- Analyze and report on traffic and performance data originating from influencers and other commissionable traffic sources.
- Report on and determine influencer commissions and payouts
- Support the DTC sales team with campaign and promotional planning
The Nathan James mission is to provide design-first furniture that’s affordable and assembly that isn’t dreadful. Your job is to secure collaborations with influencers who can produce engaging and entertaining content that brings these value propositions to life and inspires their audience to join the Nathan James community.
During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly. Once fully up-to-speed (2 - 4 weeks), you’ll take over all areas of responsibility outlined above.
We understand, now more than ever, that time is finite. That’s why with everything we work toward, we try to solve for happiness. Happiness means a lot of different things to different people, so we put in the work that goes into building an inclusive and supportive place for you to do the best work of your career. Our values and our benefits are designed to support a healthy relationship with your work. Our operating values provide the framework we use in building a happy and resilient organization.
We also understand working for Nathan James isn’t the main function of your life, and we don’t expect that! We’ve found that a team member who will be happy and fulfilled as a remote team member at Nathan James is someone who values their personal life and identity outside of work.
That’s why we don’t create mandatory team hangouts or events. We focus on how to improve collaboration, not forcing engagement.
We collaborate best when we listen and learn from each other. We become stronger when we advocate new perspectives and viewpoints. This gives us all the chance to amplify our voices to achieve our goals. We focus on what we’re solving for, so we don’t create barriers or expectations that distract us from our mission. We also don’t set unreasonable working hours, deadlines, or goals. We create with calm, “slow is smooth and smooth is fast”.
When you join the Nathan James team, you can expect a thorough, but mindful onboarding process with ramp-up time to learn. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect minimal meetings. You can expect to work with smart and good people. You can expect to be counted on. Most importantly, you can expect to do the best work of your career here.
We’re looking for someone who is driven, self-motivated and self-directed. You are a good communicator and a skilled writer. You are outgoing with a friendly personality and not intimidated to get on a video call with current and prospective influencers to discuss campaigns, creative angles and to otherwise evangelize the Nathan James brand within the community you’ll be building.
Minimum Requirements for Applying:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in social media and influencer marketing roles in an eCommerce brand or eCommerce division of a consumer-products company or in an agency environment.
- Must have experience working with both micro and macro-sized influencers
- Must be highly knowledgeable of trends in the social media industry, best practices by platform and a passion for testing, learning and figuring out how to maximize performance in each platform
- Must have demonstrable and significant experience acquiring and managing paid influencers on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube
- Experience on the brand side of LTK
- Experience with reporting and data analysis using:
- Google Analytics
- Klaviyo (or similar ESP)
- MS Excel / Google Sheets/Airtable
For this role we do require that your normal workday has at least 4 hours overlap with the California workday (currently UTC-8) without impinging on your personal/family life.
This is a remote role, since we are a remote company. With the freedom and flexibility of a remote role comes the luxury to work in whichever manner helps you perform your best! However, this ideal is best coupled with an individual who has a keen ability to self-regulate and self-manage.
Our team works from home offices, co-working spaces, and coffee shops. You’ll find us in places that foster effective writing, self-discipline, and comfort with open communication.
If everything you’ve read so far is exciting you in a very natural and not forced way, then you are the type of person to be a key contributor to innovation and scaling a business like Nathan James!
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Our benefits aim to support a life well lived, both at and away from work.
With these benefits, we want and expect you to take vacations, spend time with your family, be conscious of your wellness, invest in broadening your education, and strengthen your personal happiness.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an application here that speaks directly to this position. There are no right answers or cookie-cutter expectations. A cover letter is not required, but those that clearly demonstrate how Nathan James would be a great fit for you and how you would be a great fit for us, will be given full attention and are highly appreciated.
We expect to take two weeks to review all applications. You’ll hear from us about advancement to a work sample review. You’ll get a chance to see the types of challenges you would be solving in this role. Then on to an interview. Our interviews are all remote by video chat, with your future colleagues, on your schedule.
We aim to make an offer and have this person start by mid- March 2022.
We appreciate your consideration in having Nathan James be part of your career.
Our open conversation starts with this post. We look forward to hearing from you.
Check us out on LinkedIn here!