The Vietnam R&D and QC Manager is responsible for developing and supervising the successful completion of the Nathan James product promise. (Providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn't dreadful.) You will work closely with the engineering team to execute 2 wave launches per year of 50 SKUs.
This role is based in Binh Duong, Vietnam.
In addition to the above, you will oversee and work toward continuously evolving product processes, ensuring exceptional quality and cycle time improvements, as well as managing, coaching, and mentoring our quality team members.
People-first company, design-first home.
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on the best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn't dreadful.
As a people-first company, we understood from day one the importance of being fully distributed. We are consistently working to eliminate unnecessary friction at work, most importantly preserving the human experience. We don’t believe that people should have to change who they are nor waver their values in order to have a career.
This role will require approximately 4-6 weeks of travel per year to visit existing vendors, our teams and potential new vendors.
- Oversee QC scheduling, reviews, and failed QC inspections
- Oversight and understanding, and communication of project timelines, escalating concerns, roadblocks, or other issues to product engineering team members
- Providing technical support to product development engineering team when structural issues, quality issues or design changes are identified on samples (Will receive detailed product instructions for new development).
- Identifying issues upfront during PPS that may prevent product objectives from being met. Including cost targets, quality standards in construction and materials, and ease of Manufacture
- Action product improvements with QC team, which include training the QC team on any new product improvements
- Conduct analysis on quality issues and testing failures to identify and implement preventative measures including but not limited to assessing testing standards and minimum standard requirements
- Continuation of the development of Nathan James quality standards for all products to ensure consistency of quality across products and vendors
- Ability to do quality inspections
- Minimum 5 years experience in the furniture industry (multi-component furniture)
- Engineering background with ability to read CAD drawings
- Ability to organize work in a thoughtful manner
- Comfortable learning new software (IPAD, Airtable)
- Excellent written English Skills (verbal English skills not required, but would be an added bonus).
- Experience with management
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision/ direction using your best judgment and initiative
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others on technical skills
- Understanding cost of materials (bonus)
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a life well lived both at work and away from work.
We’re all about reasonable working hours, sharing, ample vacation time, wellness, education, comfort, and giving back. We offer competitive salaries, for a similar role in the country you will be working from.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an application here that speaks directly to this position. There are no right answers or cookie-cutter expectations. A cover letter is not required, but those that clearly demonstrate how Nathan James would be a great fit for you and how you would be a great fit for us, will be given full attention and are highly appreciated.
You’ll hear from us about advancement to a video screen and then on to a work sample, where you’ll get a chance to see the types of challenges you would be solving in this role. Our interviews are all remote by Whereby video chat (no software needed), with your future colleagues, on your schedule.
We appreciate your consideration into having Nathan James be part of your career.
Our open conversation starts with this post. We look forward to hearing from you.
Check us out on LinkedIn here!