APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Nathan James is looking for a Recruiting Lead to join the team that is passionate about growing small teams, hiring for globally distributed teams, is person-first, and excited to own and lead the entire end to end recruitment process.
People-first company, design-first home.
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on the best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn't dreadful.
As a people-first company, we understood from day one the importance of being fully distributed. We encourage everyone to work in whichever manner that helps them perform their best.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Lead Recruiter will be part of our growing People Operations team and report to our Head of People Operations. Nathan James is a globally distributed/remote company and has been since day 1! This means we don't confine candidate pools to certain geographic areas (or countries)! Being a globally remote company leaves room for a lot of innovation, and as such, you will guide strategy development, prioritize requisitions, establish KPIs and recruiting metrics, and allocate resources to help scale our team. The Recruiting Lead is responsible for leading a team to deliver all facets of recruiting success. You will play a vital role in ensuring that we are hiring the best possible talent to sustain and drive our growth. This individual will work cross-functionally, develop strong relationships with hiring managers, and ensure a great hiring experience for all candidates.
Job scope and responsibilities:
- Own and evolve recruiting strategy in alignment with Nathan James mission and values.
- Recruit across all functions in business and tech to scale the team and meet business needs.
- Conduct interview training to ensure our process is equitable, fair, and actively mitigating against bias.
- Develop a recruiting strategy with diversity & inclusion at the forefront.
- Develop an outbound sourcing strategy.
- Prioritize our mission and culture while maintaining a healthy pipeline.
- Continuously improve the recruiting process to drive efficiency, results, and human touch.
- Oversee and mentor a Recruiting Coordinator (in the future).
We have a rhythm to our work and a very low turnover rate — we have yet to have a single team member opt-out. Your voice matters to us. We make change from fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints, so you should feel comfortable speaking up about your values and goals.
We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career. Our values, workplace, and benefits are designed to support a sustainable, healthy relationship with your work. Our operating values provide the framework we use in building a healthy, resilient organization.
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to work with good people. You can expect to be counted on. You can expect to do your best work and build a career here.
You have a passion for finding that needle in a haystack candidate, have around 5+ years of recruiting experience, and are passionate about person-first and remote companies. You have high emotional intelligence, and a desire to work with a group of passionate, caring, and thoughtful teammates. You have hired remotely before or are excited about the unique opportunity to do so.
- A seasoned full-cycle recruiter - you have a breadth of knowledge and experience building technical and business teams in-house.
- A strong team player - prior team members want to work with you again because you're second to none when it comes to collaboration and partnership.
- Passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion, and understand diverse teams and inclusive cultures are critical to our success.
- Operationally excellent -continually optimizing process, tools, reporting, and systems to enable results.
- Collaborative - you can easily build trust and communicate with clarity, influence, partnership, and inspiration across many different types of audiences.
- You have experience hiring leadership roles - sourcing and closing candidates at a senior level.
- You thrive on and enjoy navigating ambiguous environments with curiosity, strategic thinking, and a hands-on approach.
This is a remote role since we are a remote company! You're free to work where you work best, anywhere in the world: home office, coworking space, coffee shops, or in Montreal. While we currently have an office in Montreal, you should be comfortable working remotely—most of the company does! That hinges on effective writing, self-discipline, and comfort with open communication.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a life well-lived both at work and away from work.
We're all about reasonable working hours, sharing, ample vacation time, wellness, education, comfort, and giving back. We offer competitive salaries, for a similar role in the country you will be working from.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an application here that speaks directly to this position. There are no right answers or cookie-cutter expectations. A cover letter is not required, but those that clearly demonstrate how Nathan James would be a great fit for you and how you would be a great fit for us will be given full attention and are highly appreciated.
We're accepting applications until August 17, 2020. We expect to take two weeks to review all applications.
You'll hear from us around the end of August about advancement to a work sample review. You'll get a chance to see the types of challenges you would be solving in this role. Then on to an interview.
We aim to make an offer around mid-October with a start date around mid-late October.
We appreciate your consideration in having Nathan James be part of your career. Our open conversation starts with this post. We look forward to hearing from you.
Check us out on LinkedIn here!
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.