About Nathan James:
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on the best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the masses with easy assembly.
We embrace what is best for the company and best for our team - long-term, sustainable, healthy ways to support growth with good people.
Check out our operating values to better understand what drives us as a company.
HEAD OF INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS
The head of international operations is responsible for overseeing all of our production from start-to-end as well as managing our oversea’s team. Help grow our business by offering management experience in sourcing, vendor management, and quality control. You would be responsible for bridging the gap between the international team and our head office. We are looking for someone honest, reliable and smart who can think both business and function to keep our end consumers happy.
Accountable for all daily operations of international staff
Responsible for hiring and training all new international team members
Responsible for sourcing and qualifying new vendors
Leading corrective action plan with vendors to improve customer and product experience
- Manage vendor relations and implement vendor scorecards to help improve vendor performance
- Oversee production to ensure lead times are met, including with suppliers subcontractors and raw material suppliers
- Help drive improvements with new product development process, lead time reducing initiatives, and the product experiences
Currently living in Asia
English first language and speak Mandarin fluently
5+ years experience in the furniture/home decor industry
Excellent verbal skills and detailed written communication
Willing to travel across Asia, Europe, and USA
Experience with vendor relationship management, negotiation tactics with international sourcing
Ability to work in an agile environment by being proactive, flexible, efficient and task-focused in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
Strong organizational and planning skills
Desk and productivity allowance. (Get what you need to dress up your workspace and be productive)
- Paid health insurance
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months tenure for bucket list adventure travel.
- $500 donation to the charity of your choice in your name at the end of each year
- $500 yearly "continuous improvement stipend for employee education and learning opportunities