A product design engineer at Nathan James supports the product development and design team in creating furniture products from ideation, sampling, production and improvement. The Product Design Engineer will report into our Director of Product Development and work closely with our International team.
- Explore user centric designs that align with our principles for creating RTA (Ready-to-Assemble) furniture. Ex: material usage, assembly step, packaging size, etc
- Provide technical solutions relating to furniture design and construction challenges through all stages of the product-life cycle.
- Help to develop quality assurance and construction standards.
- Receive product design and oversee the execution required to bring product to the market
- Create technical illustration for production and guiding concepts from initial sketch to manufacturing.
- Manufacturing process know-how, specifically in RTA furniture.
Design eye to help understand market trends
- Knowledge of product design and development processes
- 3D prototyping and CAD
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and ownership of deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Furniture Design, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar. Or 2+ years of similar product design engineer experience.
Desk and productivity allowance. (Get what you need to dress up your work space and be productive)
- Paid health insurance
- $1,000 stipend after 24 months tenure for bucket list adventure travel.
- $500 donation to the charity of your choice in your name at the end of each year
- $500 yearly "continuous improvement stipend for employee education and learning opportunities
Check out our operating values to better understand what drives us as a company.