Effective Date: August 1st, 2017.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us at Legal@Nathan-Home.com
WHAT INFORMATION DOES NATHAN JAMES COLLECT?
The information you provide us:
- Account creation When you create an account with us, you provide a name, email address, and password. Your account password isn’t stored by us, and we’ll never have access to it.
- Purchase or use our services. If you make a purchase, we request information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods. This information may include your full name, email address, phone number, shipping address.
- When you make a purchase, we ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, cvv and expiration date), billing address, and shipping address. Our payment processor, which is required by credit card issuers to meet specific security requirements, will collect, store, and process your credit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. We do not store any payment card information.When you contact us. We do everything possible to make sure you have an exceptional shopping experience. If you contact us by phone (calling or texting), email, instant message (including Facebook Messenger), live chat, through social media or our App, or by some other means, we may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to better understand how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services. We receive responses to any survey that you choose to complete for us.
Information we collect from third parties:
- Our customers are active in many different communities, both offline and online, and we like to be there for them wherever we can! Some parts of our Services can be linked to other accounts you have with Third Party Services (“Third-Party Accounts”) or you may be able to register for an account on our Services with your Third Party Account. If you connect a Third Party Account to our Services or interact with us through a Third Party Account, we may receive information about you, including your Third Party Account profile information, your photo, and your use of the Third-Party Account. If you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect publicly available information and content related to your comment. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts to learn about your options.
- We may collect information about you from other third parties, including demographic information, other publicly available information about you and combine this information with other information we collect about you.
Information we automatically collect:
- App usage information. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include device and browser information, internet protocol address, URLs of referring/exit pages, time on a page and search terms.
- Information from web technologies. Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow us and our service providers to collect information about your actions on our Services. Our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary goodness) are tiny files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website.
What do we do with your information?
We primarily use your information to provide and enhance our Services and your experience with Nathan James. Some ways we may use your information include:
- to provide, personalize, and improve our products and our Service
- to facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases;
- to communicate with you, including to respond to your comments or questions, and to send you to order updates;
- to understand your use of our Services to help us improve the customer experience;
- to provide you information, recommendations, and marketing materials about our products and Services;
- for our other internal business purposes; (sorry to be vague here but in order to stay competitive we have to keep some projects private)
If we share your information, we do so only as described below.
We’ve figured out ways to do a lot of things internally, but we haven’t quite figured out how to do all of it. We may provide your information to our contractors, agents, and service providers as necessary to enable them to perform certain tasks and services for us, including but not limited to:
- order fulfillment
- delivery services
- payment processing
- account registration
- website-related services, such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- data analytics
With marketing partners
You can learn about how to opt-out of receiving personalized website advertisements from our advertising partners who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are below. Note that because your election to opt out is managed through cookies, if you delete these cookies or use a different browser, you will have to make the same selection again.
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
One of the third-party services that we use to track your activity on our Services is Google Analytics. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of our Services, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). You also may opt-out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
To protect us and others
With your consent
Except as we’ve stated above, we will notify you before we share your identifiable information with any third parties.
The choices you have with your Nathan James Account
Through your account settings, you can view, edit, and delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
- phone number
The information you can view, edit, and delete may change as our Services change.
If you decide you don’t want to receive emails from us, you can select the “opt out” provision in our email communications to unsubscribe, you can also email us at Legal@Nathan-Home.com, or you can contact customer care directly. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of email communications, but it may not prevent you from receiving emails about orders or transactions you place through our Services or to emails in response to a specific request from you, including password recovery.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, in addition to awesome weather and fresh produce, you also have the ability to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties (under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please email a request to Legal@Nathan-Home.com.
We are especially sensitive about children’s information. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may use our Services on behalf of such minor child. If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you believe a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please email us at Legal@Nathan-Home.com.